Take your Practice to the Next Level...
Now that you know the Therapy that Works® framework, it's time to master it!
Therapy that Works®: Level 2 Certification Program
A Unifying Framework for Psychotherapy
5 Months of Live Supervision and Demonstration with Dr. Diane Gehart
Completing Level 2 Training is required to qualify for the International Referral List of Certified Therapy that Works® Practitioners.
Master the Art and Science of Psychotherapy...
Over the past two years, numerous students have asked for a Level 2 Therapy that Works® that would allow them to refine and practice using this Unifying Framework for Psychotherapy.
Most of all...they wanted to do more live training and simulation, especially simulations and join in more clinical consultations.
Therapy that Works® Level 2 will include this and more!
Therapy that Works® Level 2 Includes:
5 Months of Live Supervision, Training, and Demonstration with Dr. Diane Gehart
Up to 32 Hours of Continuing Education (CE) Credit
Each Month Includes Two Live Sessions
- 9 Hours of Live Supervision using Mixed Reality Simulation
- 12 Hours of Live Demonstration, Skills Development, and Case Consultation
- 11 hours of live and prerecorded clinical training workshops on the Unifying Framework
- Self-of-the-Therapist programming to become your personal best.
- Certification in Therapy that Works and inclusion in the first International Directory of Clinicians Certified in the Therapy that Works® Unifying Framework
- February - June 2024
- Live training schedule will be customized to fit the needs of those who enroll in the course.
- Recordings of all sessions will be made available for those who prefer to self-pace.
Clinical Topics Covered Include
- Advanced application of the Therapy that Works Unifying Framework
- Working with a wide range of diverse clients from a culturally informed perspective
- Helping adults and adolescents with mood, anxiety, and trauma disorders
- Working with couples and families experiencing conflict and distress
- Additional topics will be added based on student needs and requests
Dr. Diane Gehart
I've spent much of my career trying to figure out how to do therapy well, going to countless workshops to learn numerous theoretical models.
In addition to working with nearly 250,000 clients as a therapist and supervisor, I put my many years of professional training into books and became the only person to write both a leading textbook in counseling theories and one on family therapy theories.
However, after nearly 30 years as an active member of the established academic community, I have come to the conclusion that the field of mental health needs to find a better way to train its professionals--both those entering the field and those in it for decades.
Rather than spend the rest of my career fighting a deeply entrenched educational system, I have decided to simply offer a saner approach to becoming a highly effective mental health professional for those who are interested.
You are welcome to join me if you too believe there has to be an easier way to do this work well.
And here's the boring bio you were probably expecting:
Dr. Diane Gehart is a Professor in the Marriage and Family Therapy and Counseling Programs at California State University, Northridge, and the Director of the Institute for Therapy that Works. She has authored numerous titles including Mastering Competencies in Family Therapy, Theory and Treatment Planning in Counseling and Psychotherapy, Mindfulness for Chocolate Lovers: A Lighthearted Way to Stress Less and Savor More Each Day, and Mindfulness and Acceptance in Couple and Family Therapy, and has co-edited with Harlene Anderson Collaborative Therapy: Relationships and Conversations that Make a Difference and Collaborative-Dialogic Practice: Relationships and Conversations Across Contexts and Cultures.
Therapy that Works: Level 2
A Unifying Framework for Psychotherapy
5 Months of Live Supervision, Training, and Consultation
with Dr. Diane Gehart
Live group supervision with mixed reality simulation.
Receive personalized mentoring from a leading expert in the field.
Join a safe, supportive community of like-minded peers.
Consult with Dr. Gehart about your most difficult cases.
Become certified as a Therapy that Works Unifying Framework Clinician.
Join an international directory of certified TTW practitioners to promote your practice.
How Long Is the Course?
The course is five months long: February - June 2024
When Are the Live Sessions?
There are two live sessions each month. The live sessions will be scheduled based on the preferences of those who enroll to maximize everyone's ability to attend the live sessions. The majority of sessions will likely be on weekends.
Each live session will be recorded and posted in the course. You are welcome to send in questions prior to the live sessions for Dr. Gehart to answer and for the group to discuss--so you always get your questions answered.
Overarching Program Goal
By the end of this program, participants will be able to implement the Therapy that Works Unifying Framework more skillfully.
Specific Learning Objectives
- Participants will be able to conduct a 4-level case conceptualization with clients experiencing both intrapersonal symptoms and interpersonal concerns.
- Participants will be able to improve their clinical assessment by improving their ability to identify at least 3 types of commonly missed clinical/diagnostic issues, such as underlying medical conditions, personality disorders, and/or situations needing brain-based interventions.
- Participants will be able to use the 4-level conceptualization/assessment of solutions to promote long-term wellness..
Instructor: Dr. Diane Gehart, Professor in the Marriage and Family Therapy and Counseling Programs at California State University, Northridge. She has authored numerous titles, including Mindfulness for Chocolate Lovers: A Lighthearted Way to Stress Less and Savor More Each Day, Mindfulness and Acceptance in Couple and Family Therapy, Mastering Competencies in Family Therapy, and Theory and Treatment Planning in Counseling and Psychotherapy.
CE Approval: This course has been approved for 32 hours of continuing education by the NBCC and CAMFT.
Therapy that Works Institute programs are offered for NBCC credit (NBCC ACEP No. 7125).
This course is approved by the Therapy that Works Institute, a California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)-approved continuing education provider (Provider #1000141).
Course CE certificates will be awarded upon completion of the course, course quiz, and course evaluation. Certificates will be emailed within 7 days of completing the evaluation.
Accommodations/Grievances: Requestions for accommodations and/or grievances related to the course should be directed to [email protected]. These communications will be responded to within 2 working days.
Access: Participants will have access to the course for 1 year.