Beyond the Hour: Level 2
A Community of Trailblazers
for the Next Generation of Mental Health Intervention
Taking Your Content Creation to the Next Level
Beyond the Hour Level 2 "Trailblazers" is a year-long course designed to support and motivate you as you take your content creation and career to the next level.
This course includes:
- 10 Monthly live Q & A sessions with Dr. Diane Gehart related to any aspect of digital content creation, practice development, marketing, book writing, passive income, or other forms of expanding your career beyond the hour.
- 10 Monthly live mastermind sessions where you will be able to meet in breakout sessions with mental health trailblazers like yourself to get high-quality feedback, share ideas, problem-solve, and mutually inspire.
- 12 Months of Private, Online Kajabi community that will cheer and motivate you as well as allow you to give and receive feedback on titles, slides, images, videos, curriculum, pricing, and marketing.
- New and updated content released throughout the year on book writing, marketing, course creation, financial issues, etc.
- Marketing Opportunities for your online courses and other digital products through the course webpage.
- Affiliate Marketing Opportunities that will allow you to earn back your full tuition and more!
This course is open only to Graduates of Beyond the Hour Level 1
Graduates will receive an email with pricing and registration links!
In Beyond the Hour Level 2, you will be personally mentored by Dr. Diane Gehart and supported by a group of like-minded peers who have also decided to be the next generation of trailblazers, creating cutting-edge online psychoeducational content and interventions for your clients and/or the general public. You will learn about the latest clinical research and technology in digital mental health services and be supported in the unique ethical and practical business issues with this new practice area.
How Long Is the Course?
The course is one year, January 2023-December 2023
Live sessions will be held:
- No live sessions in July or December to encourage self-care!
When Are the Live Sessions?
The live sessions will be held on weekends and weeknights.
Each live session will be recorded and posted in the course. You are welcome to send in questions prior to the live sessions for Dr. Gehart to answer and for the group to discuss--so you always get your questions answered.
The course includes a private community where you can post questions for Dr. Gehart and your peers to get your questions answered and receive invaluable feedback.
Overarching Program Goal
By the end of this program, participants will be able to: create online content and courses to provide psychoeducational intervention for clients.
Specific Learning Objectives
- Participants will be able to describe at least 2 best-practices for creating digital interventions such as online psychoeducational content.
- Participants will be able to effectively create at least 1 highly quality, well-researched digital interventions in their area of expertise.
- Participants will be able to use at least 1 form of technology to disseminate cost-effective psychoeducational interventions for their clients.
Instructor: Dr. Diane Gehart, Professor in the Marriage and Family Therapy and Counseling Programs at California State University, Northridge. She has authored numerous titles including Mindfulness for Chocolate Lovers: A Lighthearted Way to Stress Less and Savor More Each Day, Mindfulness and Acceptance in Couple and Family Therapy, Mastering Competencies in Family Therapy, and Theory and Treatment Planning in Counseling and Psychotherapy.
CE Approval: This course has been approved for 6 hours of continuing education by the NBCC and CAMFT.
Therapy that Works Institute programs are offered for NBCC credit (NBCC ACEP No. 7125).
This course is approved by the Therapy that Works Institute, a California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)-approved continuing education provider (Provider #1000141).
Course CE certificates will be awarded via email within 24 hours upon completion of all course modules, course quiz, and course evaluation.
Accommodations/Grievances: Requestions for accommodations and/or grievances related to the course should be directed to [email protected]. These communications will be responded to within 2 working days.
Access: Participants will have access to the course for 1 year.
Dr. Diane Gehart
I recorded my first online lecture in 2010 out of desperation. I had a busy conference schedule one semester, and students enrolled in my courses would miss too much if I didn't find a creative way to offer my lectures.
Those online lectures were a hit! Students loved the flexibility of listening to lectures on their schedule and the freedom to replay the lecture as often as needed to maximize their learning. Each person reported using the recorded lectures in ways that complimented their unique learning style and life schedule, and the improvements in student learning were measurable! After that, I created a YouTube channel where my online training videos have been viewed millions of times.
Up until 2020, I had imagined that online learning would be appropriate for learning factual content. However, when I was required to teach all of my courses successfully online during the pandemic, I discovered that I was wrong. Students often learned better online than in the classroom. Similarly, when I put my practice online, clients still felt connected to me, and we now had new resources to facilitate their growth and learning. Like the rest of the world, the pandemic taught us how effective online learning and therapy can be.
In January 2021, I created the Therapy that Works Institute and have taught thousands of people through my online courses around the world. This has been the most rewarding professional experience of my career, which has included doing psychotherapy for 30 years, serving as a university faculty member for 25 years (currently at California State University, Northridge), authoring over 14 professional books (including Mastering Competences in Family Therapy, Theory and Treatment Planning in Counseling and Psychotherapy, and Mindfulness and Acceptance in Couple and Family Therapy), and presenting hundreds of presentations around the world.
I cannot wait to teach you how fun and rewarding online courses can be!